apparently the washington post's mensa invitational asked readers to take any word from the dictionary, alter it by adding, subtracting, or changing one letter, and supply a new definition. here's what those geniuses came up with:
- cashtration (n.): the act of buying a house, which renders the subject financially impotent for an indefinite period of time.
- ignoranus: a person who's both stupid and an a-hole.
- intaxication: euphoria at getting a tax refund, which lasts until you realize it was your money to start with.
- reintarnation: coming back to life as a hillbilly.
- bozone (n.): the substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating. The bozone layer, unfortunately, shows little sign of breaking down in the near future.
- foreploy: any misrepresentation about yourself for the purpose of getting lucky.
- giraffiti: vandalism spray-painted very, very high.
- sarchasm: the gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.
- inoculatte: to take coffee intravenously when you are running late.
- hipatitis: terminal coolness.
- osteopornosis: a degenerate disease. (this one got extra credit.)
- karmageddon: it's when everybody is sending off all these really bad vibes, and then the Earth explodes, and it's a serious bummer.
- decafalon (n.): the grueling event of getting through the day consuming only things that are good for you
- glibido: all talk and no action.
- dopeler effect: the tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.
- arachnoleptic fit (n.): the frantic dance performed just after you've accidentally walked through a spider web.
- beelzebug (n.): satan in the form of a mosquito, that gets into your bedroom at three in the morning and cannot be cast out.
- caterpallor (n.): the color you turn after finding half a worm in the fruit you're eating.
i also like 3, 10, 11, 14 and 18. what's your favorite?